I received a forwarded message this morning from my Auntie in Saskatchewan…it was 10 quotes and had a header “Words to live by”
When I was younger, having Faith and trusting God was always the stable foundation to our lives, growing up and even today it feels harder than ever to keep that foundation strong. In all honesty I wouldn’t say that my foundation and spirituality is strong at all, but when I feel something that moves my spirit I feel substance to my being and existence.
I am definitely not a fan of sharing forwarded messages, but sometimes the odd little message triggers something in your mind and moves your spirit in one way or another…I think this is a good things to have. I hope it will be OK for me to share t following with you.
Words to live by
- Prayer is not a “spare wheel” that you pull out when in trouble, it is a “steering wheel” that directs the right path throughout.
- Wonder why a car’s windshield is so large and the rear view mirror is so small? Because our past is not as important as our future. So, look ahead and move on.
- Friendship is like a book. It takes few seconds to burn, but it takes years to write.
- All things in life are temporary. If going well, enjoy it, it will not last forever. If going wrong, don’t worry, it can’t last long either.
- Old friends are gold! New friends are diamond! If you get a diamond, don’t forget the gold, because to hold a diamond, you always need a base of gold.
- Often when we lose hope and think this is the end, God smiles from above and says, “Relax, it’s just a bend, not the end!”
- When God solves your problems, you have faith in HIS abilities; when God doesn’t solve your problems HE has faith in your abilities.
- A blind person asked St. Anthony: “Can there be anything worse than losing eye sight?” He replied: “Yes, losing your vision!”
- When you pray for others, God listens to you and blesses them, and sometimes, when you are safe and happy, remember that someone has prayed for you.
- Worrying does not take away tomorrow’s troubles; it takes away today’s peace.
This week thus far has been very busy and somewhat hard on the mind and spirit. These words came at a good time to inspire me and have allowed me to take a step back and look at the big picture.